05/03/2019 - Projects
Paris (France), 4th and 5th of March 2019: 3rd Transnational meeting of the eMedia Erasmus plus project
eMedia is an Erasmus + KA2 Strategic Partnerships for Adults Education project. The focus of the project are methodologies to educate active and responsible citizens in the digital world.
The Project aims will be carried out through the production of educational booklets teaching digital practices, to be used for the training of the educators in non-formal and formal education centres.
The project was kicked off in Paris on 31 October, 2018 and was hosted by the lead project partner – La Ligue de L’enseignement, one of France’s oldest non-formal education organisations. Founded in 1866, La Ligue aims to guarantee access to education for everyone, regardless of their age, social and ethnic backgrounds. It further promotes a secular society, solidarity amongst citizens and active citizenship. La Ligue de l’enseignement gathers over 30,000 associations, 1,600,000 members, 500,000 volunteers and 4,000 staff members in France.
The partnership also involves:
- School of Robotics (Scuola di Robotica), a non-profit Training and Educational Center certified by the National Ministry of Education in Italy;
- The University of Latvia, which is one of the largest comprehensive research universities in the Baltic States;
- SOS Racismo Gipuzkoa, a grass root, non-profit, antiracist, democratic, multiethnic and internationalist organization; and
- Associazione Arci, one of the largest social promotion organisations in Italy and engaged in social intervention actions, fosters citizens participation
The eMedia project will develop educational booklets to support the training of teachers and educators in media literacy and digital citizenship for all. Each of these booklets will provide a minimum of ten hours of activities, and there will be three booklets developed in total by partners:
- on robotics and coding
- on digital media literacy and
- on digital content creation
Two booklets (digital media literacy and robotics) will have a complementary moodle/MOOC to facilitate the training.
The project will last three years and will involve many training sessions, including one which will take place alongside ALL DIGITAL General Assembly in 2020.
SITE OF THE PROJECT: https://all-digital.org/projects/emedia-media-literacy-and-digital-citizenship-for-all/