27/01/2017 - Courses for Teachers, Classes for Students, Projects
May 12 2017, Riga (Latvia): Erasmus Plus ROBOESL Project Transnational Meeting
The second ROBOESL conference will take place in Riga (Latvia) on May 12, 2017, hosted by the project partner University of Latvia. The RoboESL Latvia conference, and the internal partner meeting, will finalize the 10 exemplary interdisciplinary Learning Scenarios in a structured curriculum.
RoboESL (Robotics-based learning interventions for preventing school failure and Early School Leaving) is an ERASMUS+ Project whose aim is to exploit the potential of robotics for developing extra-curricular constructivist learning activities in schools that will help children at risk of failure or Early School Leaving (ESL). RoboESL metodology supports students' development of techno scientific practice, their creativity skills, raise self-esteem, motivate their interest in schooling, and finally to encourage them towards staying at school.
PROJECT OUTCOMES AND PRODUCTS
- Open Educational Resources for 10 exemplary interdisciplinary robotics projects freely available for teachers and students
- A web portal that supports virtual collaboration among students, teachers and teachers
- A curriculum for blended (online and face to face) training course for teachers to enhance educational robotics uptake in teaching and learning
- Validation report on the impact of the robotics projects on the selected students’ achievements and attitudes.
ACTIVITIES AND COURSES
The first teacher training course was held in in Athens, 24 - 28 of February 2016. Here artners discussed the curricilum Learning Scenarios, to feed the courses for students. Teaining coursess for studnts took place in Genova, Riga, and Athens:
- April 2016 (5 - 26 April 2016) Liceo Fermi of Genova, 36 students participant
- May 2016, at 23rd Gymnasium of Athens, "I. Fragkakis"
- June 2016 at 56th Junior High School of Athens
- July 2016 at Latvia Valmiera`sSecondaryschool No 5
The second training course for teachers was organised in Riga (LT) from June 14 to June 18 2016. In the context of the course the project progress was discussed and evaluated, past learning activities were reviewed and robotics labs were conducted (i.e. the Sunflower project, Let’s play and dance project, experimentation with Arduino and Snap!4A).
The November 2016 Athens Conference (http://roboesl.eu/conference/) was organized by Edumotiva (European Lab for Educational Technology) in collaboration with the 7th Secondary Educational Committee of the Municipality of Athens and the 6th lab center of Piraeus at the Technopolis City of Athens. There, partners explored the role of technology and educational robotics in particular as means for preventing early school leaving and school failure.
THE PROJECT WEBSITE: http://roboesl.eu/
Project code 2015-1-IT02-KA201-015141 - Duration 01/10/2015 – 30/09/2017